Vice President of Development
Founded in 2019, the Cancer Foundation of Saskatchewan (Foundation) is the charitable arm of the Saskatchewan Cancer Agency (Agency). The Foundation raises funds that stay in Saskatchewan to support the work of the Saskatchewan Cancer Agency, including cancer centres, patient lodges, screening programs, and research in our province.
We are a small but mighty team, looking for someone who is authentically mission-driven, and eager to make a difference for people going through one of the most difficult journeys of their life. We are passionate about helping others and working together as a team. We offer full benefits, matching RSP, vacation and personal days, plus flexibility.
The Vice President, Development will work in partnership with the CEO, an influential and mission-driven Board, the Saskatchewan Cancer Agency, and key volunteer groups to build and enhance our fundraising efforts and our profile. The Vice President will be responsible to lead a dedicated team in the strategic thinking and execution of all development activities, which include major gifts and campaigns, annual and monthly giving, direct mail and online gifts, and planned giving.
The Vice President will be a key member of the leadership team and will play a crucial role in building awareness for the Foundation in Saskatoon and central and northern Saskatchewan.
The Vice President will be an experienced fundraising leader and credible expert, with a strong capacity and interest in building effective programs. The ideal candidate will have experience leading broad-based fundraising programs, with a particular expertise in major and principal gifts fundraising and campaigns.
You will have a passionate interest in improving cancer care for the people in Saskatchewan. With an entrepreneurial drive and a strong desire to innovate, you will strive to achieve aspirational goals, ensuring cancer patients and their families have access to world-class cancer care right here at home.
If you are a natural relationship-builder and are passionate about making a difference, this may be the position for you. An enthusiastic speaker and articulate communicator, you will work collaboratively to develop compassionate and donor-centered messaging to demonstrate the mission and vision of the Foundation.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Contribute to the strategic and business planning process, including participation in development of the annual budget and operational plan for the development team.
- Lead the development of, and deliver short and long-term fundraising strategies across the various programs, consistent with the Foundation’s strategic plan.
- In collaboration with the Director of Finance & Administration, ensure that appropriate reports on progress including operational key performance measures to internal and external stakeholders are accurate and meaningful.
- Lead, develop and execute major campaign plans, grow and sustain a robust pipeline of major gift and planned giving donors, and build and maintain lifelong relationships between donors and the community we serve to support a strong culture of philanthropy.
- Develop and execute diverse strategies and tactics for all fundraising initiatives to ensure increased annual revenue.
- Leveraging campaign experience, advising, and supporting the development and implementation of campaign procedures, policies, and operating plans in order to ensure highest professional standards for enhancing the quality and effectiveness of the Foundation’s fundraising efforts.
- Personally manage a portfolio of key prospects and donors and directly conduct cultivation visits, solicitation calls, and stewardship activities that set the example for the team.
Stewardship & Recognition
- Leads and supports the delivery of the highest standards of stewardship to the Foundation’s donors aimed at deepening engagement with current donors and building the pipeline for leadership, major, and planned gifts.
- Collaborate with the communications team to ensure donor stewardship and recognition programs are in place and effective.
- Build relationships with the senior management at the Saskatchewan Cancer Agency and the Cancer Clinics to foster support for the mission of the Foundation.
Teamwork & Leadership
- Manage and provide ongoing leadership and oversight to the fundraising team including recruitment, training, direction, support, coaching, mentorship, and directing personal/professional development.
- Assist Board members, CEO, and other fundraising volunteers and staff to identify, cultivate, and solicit charitable gifts and sponsorships.
- Lead by example, collaboratively working with service delivery teams (communications, finance, etc.) to ensure adherence to the policies and procedures and to identify opportunities for improvement.
- University degree or post-secondary diploma.
- A minimum of 10 years direct fundraising experience, with a focus on campaigns or major gift fundraising.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge and database management.
- Skilled with Microsoft Office programs.
- CFRE certification achieved or in progress.
- Valid drivers’ license.
Salary range: $107,000 – $128,000. The Foundation may offer a salary outside the range, depending on the qualifications of the candidate.
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Hours: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday with weekend or after hours work dependent upon events.
Please submit your cover letter and resume, in confidence, to:
firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:30pm, Thursday, November 30th, 2023.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The posting will remain open until a qualified candidate is hired.